When you are making a lot of changes to a report in synoptix, it often can crash/freeze which then corrupts the report. Corrupted reports often open just fine but are missing significant portions of the report.
there is a maintain -> “recover local report” option but that has never worked for me.
Here is the procedure i’ve used to restore corrupted reports several times.
- restore a backup of the ‘compusoft’ database on your SQL server to a new database name (such as ‘restore_compusoft’)
- open the synoptix client, login, then go to “admin”
- go to the “server path setup” tab and change the database container name to the name of the database you just restored from backup (such as ‘restore_compusoft’)
- hit “apply” button, test should complete successfully, then close the synoptix client
- open the synoptix client and login, so you’re now logging into the restored database
- go to “maintain” on the main menu, then “export report”.
- Export the report you need to recover
- Click the home icon in synoptix client, go back to the “admin” page and enter the regular production database name in the field
- close synoptix and then reopen and relogin
- go to “maintain” on the main menu, then “import report”
- import the report to the directory you want it in and name it whatever you like.
- Test report
- delete the restored database from your SQL server server
- try not to think about how much you hate synoptix